- Members shall abide by the Club Constitution and Bye-laws.
- Membership is subject to approval and is non-transferable. The application must be accompanied by required supporting documents and payment to be processed for verification and approval.
- Entrance fees paid and subscription fees are non-refundable.
- All Lifetime Members are allowed to sign in up to FOUR (4) guests each time in their presence, 3-Years Term Members are allowed to sign in up to TWO (2) guests each time in their presence, while 1-Year Term Members are allowed to sign in only ONE (1) guest each time in their presence.
- Only Ordinary, Berthing, and Sailing Members are entitled to craft berthing rights, the remaining Membership types do not have such rights.
- Term Membership is renewable up to a MAXIMUM of 1 time after the first application. Subsequently, a Member can opt to apply to other Membership types.
- SAFYC reserves the right to amend the Membership details and Terms & Conditions without prior notice.
- A Refundable Deposit Fee equivalent to 3 months of the signing-up Membership subscription fees applies upon new Membership sign-up. Deposit Fees will be used to offset any current outstanding amount due upon termination of Membership.
- Membership promotion is not applicable to an applying Member whose craft is already accepted by the Club (including a ‘buy-over’ from an existing member) unless otherwise agreed by the Club Management.
- All monthly subscription fees are payable in advance.
- All dues must be settled promptly prior to the due dates of the statement of account.
- An administrative charge of $20+ shall be imposed on late payments exceeding 30 days. A further administrative charge of $20+ shall be imposed on late payments exceeding 60 days and 90 days. Membership shall suspend upon defaulting payment for more than 180 days.
- A charge shall be imposed for Membership reinstatement within three years from the date of resignation.
- *For applicant(s) below 18 years old, the Club reserves the right to recover outstanding dues from the Guarantor (parents/legal guardian).
Lost and replacement of Membership Cards
The Club has moved towards Digital Membership Cards. Members are to notify the Club for card replacement.
Resignation of Membership
- One month advance termination notice must be given to the Club in writing for resignation.
- The monthly subscription fee will continue to be payable regardless of whether the member uses the Club’s facilities/benefits until a notice of resignation is being accepted upon receipt from writing.
- All outstanding sums on instalment or otherwise are to be settled in FULL before the resignation is deemed to be effective.
- Interest shall continue to accrue on all outstanding until all dues are settled.
- Upon resignation, all Membership cards must be returned to SAFYC.
- Membership validity and related privileges shall lapse when the Principal Member resigns, ceases to be a SAFYC Member, or when his Membership is suspended.